Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Birthday Party Time!

Ross had his birthday party a few days after his actual birthday. It was a superheroes theme.
I pulled up a few different cake ideas from Pinterest and this was the one he picked out. He loved it! Blue Cake Company never fails us and they taste so good.
The party was at the same jump place we had his 3 yr old party. Such a great party place. Anna Beth LOVED the slides.
Avery did not love the slide. I just knew she would b/c at the SPP company picnic she rode a slide just like it probably 2 dozen times. She rode these twice and that's b/c we just carried her up.
A lot of his friends that have since left Grace and have started Pre-K were able to come and it made his day!
Sweet baby Gavin and Uncle Steve were there.
Of course Poppy and Avery.
Ross and Mam. 
Once we played for a while it was time to sing. Ross did his level best to not smile the entire time, to the point of sucking in his cheeks.
 
Got them all blown out first try.
The cake was a hit by everyone. Lila is always good for a smile and a picture.
Josh - not so much. :)
These were the favor bags. I made the masks. Which, after about 5 of them, I decided I was going to bail on that project but once Ross saw them and tried one on I decided to pick it back up.
18 masks later - 18 happy kids later - I'm glad I stuck with it.
Luke seemed to really like his.
Buddies back together again.
Not the best picture to tell but Avery LOVED the cake. It was all over her face.
After we got home he opened presents. He loved everything.
So did Avery and she decided the boxes made good seats.
We love masks at our house so those will get a lot of play action.

Such a great birthday - I still can't believe he is 5 and starting kindergarten this year. I won't have many fun parties left where the kids will actually be excited over something I've made so I'm glad I stuck with it. It is as special of a memory for me as it is for him - though he'll forget the HOURS I spent preparing for this bday which is why I blog about it. :) Proof I do love him even when he says I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment