Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cutting Corn 2013

We made our annual trip on Labor Day weekend to go cut corn. As usual Ross was super excited and decked himself out in John Deere and his rubber boots.
Avery's second year for farming. She was so great!
He got a glimpse of Poppy coming our way on the tractor.
Annual shot. I'll have to get my pictures together for comparisons. We had to start out on the tractor b/c it rained the night befoe and the corn was too wet.
Poppy loves when the grandkids come visit!
Family picture. Thanks Daddy!
A selfie that didn't turn out the best but we do it every year so here ya go.
After a few rounds on the tractor Avery and I got off. It was pretty crowded with 4 people and Ross needed his space.
Avery and I walked back and she quickly gathered up Uncle Kevin for some walking.
He didn't complain a bit.
Finally time to cut corn! It was awesome! I have no doubt that this year Ross would have ridden for hours.
However, Avery looked like this after a while. With the later start on cutting corn it rolled into her lunch time and nap time. She never did give it up and just take a nap.
Mine and Avery's annual selfie. I wonder how many years I can wear the same sunglasses in the farming pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment