Thursday, September 26, 2013

Branson - Take 1

Ross and I went with Mom to Branson recently and had the best time. The weather was awesome! We laughed non-stop. We made it to Clinton before we took a rest and stopped at a place called The Pottery Shop. Ross loved the big jack-o-lantern pieces.
Inside they had more pottery and metal pieces but also some great clothes and jewelry. I actually lost my keys in a box of bracelets. Once I realized I'd sat them down it took about 20 minutes to find them - good job Mom!
Next break was our usual stop in Harrison - Tractor Supply. Don't be jealous.
Ross loves to get on the mowers.
Our next stop was Silver Dollar City!
Shortly after arriving we quickly decided to get the bum a stroller.
First stop was the shooting ride. That's my name for it. No clue what the actual name is. Please check out that serious face. We rode this one a couple of times both days.
We'd decided this short day would be a wet ride day so next we went for Lost River of the Ozarks.
This was literally the only time we had to wait in line both days - AWESOME!
Thank goodness b/c Ross wasn't a fan.
Seated belt fastened and ready to go!

Soaked! His "grrrr" face. Let me say for the record that the kid LOVED LOVED this ride.
The next ride was the log ride. Let me just say Ross wasn't a fan. He sat in the front so as we took the huge plunge he flew forward and I went with him to keep him down in his seat. This meant we missed most of the big splash. Mom wasn't so lucky. Cracked me up!
Next I got a good workout on this ride. I dont even know what it is called but we did it 2 or 3 times. You have to pull yourself uo using the rope in the middle as the ride is going in a circle. Once you get to the top you let go and it lowers you back down. I think we got to the top 3 times each ride. My arms were on fire!
We also played a game against each other and he beat me! Imagine that! He won a horse and I won a little bitty pig.
We wrapped the day up at Culver's. Hands down my favorite ice cream place ever.
So fast foward through to the next day and our first stop was the train.
He loved the robbers.
Then we hit up the rides that were perfect for his age. Mam jumped on that granade and did the circle rides. (Later when we came to this area for round 2 I did them - even the tea cups.)
Roller Coaster - he loves this one. I'll also like to add that Ross rode 2 big roller coasters also. He didn't cry or act crazy on them but once they were over I asked if he liked and he replied "yes" but followed that up with he didn't want to ride them ever again. ha!
So around 1:00 that day I thought it would be good if we sat down for a minute to let him rest, eat some lunch, and watch a show. This was a great play with horse stunts too!
Next was this great kids area that had ball shooters. He loved it.
His suvenior was a pop gun. He also picked one out for cousin buddy and they love them!
So then he decided he wanted to hit up the Lost River again. Since there wasn't a line and the ride flowed easily for new people they let us stay on as many times as we wanted. Four times was our magic number. Needless to say we were soaked to the bone!
I think by this point we had about 45 minutes before the park closed so our goal was to ride all the rides for his size before closing time. Somehow we actually did it!
Mam rode the bouncy frog.
Next day: mini-golf. Ross thinks he likes playing but actually gets bored with it quickly
By far his favorite thing to do was throw his golf ball up this stream and let it flow down for him to catch.
After golf we rode go-carts. Ross drove by himself. He likes it until he had a wreck. Like he needed an airbag kind of wreck. Poor kid hit hard. I have a video to upload (not of the wreck-sorry!).
We also did bumper boats. It has been years since I rode them and didn't remember them having an electric squirter. We'd planned a non-wet day. Um, didn't happen. My make-up was a disaster. Ross loved every second of it and Mam was soaked!
He was actually able to take a quick nap that day and then we went to the magic show, where I thought for a minute he was going to plan his adult profession to be a magician. He loved it and the message from the magician was truly awesome. I may have even teared up a little.
Here we are already on our day to go home. Ross decided he needed to wear Mam's shoes to breakfast. He actually made it the whole way without falling.
He was a happy boy. A great few days and then on his way home he had a sucker, hot dog, and slush at his disposal. Pretty sure you wouldn't get any complaints from him.


No comments:

Post a Comment