Friday, May 6, 2011

Storms!

This blog is a little late. I pray we are done with these awful storms for a while! Ross and I are quite sick of them. The first round of storms Ross and I were home alone b/c Monday night is a class night. Once it got to be close to Ross' bedtime he announced he was getting in Mommy's bed and since I wanted to watch the weather I didn't argue. I had the view of the TV. Ross had the view of Netflix on my iPhone. A win! win! situation if you ask either of us. (Though b/c of all these storms and Netflix watching I'm going to go over my data package, but oh so worth it!)This isn't the best pic but I love it. Ross' expression cracks me up. You can totally read his thoughts here. I imagine he was thinking, Please Lord don't let me have inherited her crazy gene! Cammack was hit pretty good with that round of storms. A lot of huge trees were uprooted. When we got home on Tuesday (early to beat the 2nd round of storms) our neighbor who had lost 3 big trees was having them removed. It was such a cool thing to watch. They backed this huge crane into her side yard and the work began.Huge sections of the trees were chained up to the crane and then the crane would swing them across the top of the house to the street. I would hate to be the person responsible for securing the chain.Now there is a huge opening behind her house for sunlight to break through and always a glare right into our living room. It is so weird to see all the sunlight behind her house now.Directly behind our house was more tree work. This man was way up in the tree cutting with a chainsaw. It was pretty cool to watch also. This tree is no longer there either.We finally got to enjoy the park yesterday! The first time in weeks b/c of all the storms and rain. Quite thankful that we didn't have any damage and we survived spending 30+ minutes in the super tiny closet on Monday night as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment