Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Visit to Illinois

Ross, Poppy, and I went to see the Sparks over summer break too. It was Poppy's first time. We stayed at our usual hotel midway on the drive down. As you can see Ross was excited. :)
Ross always takes a pic of the arch as we drive through St. Louis.
As soon as we got there I went pretty much straight to Buddy. He is so cute!
They picked up same as usual.
We went to a race track that had dune buggies. Oh. My. Goodness. That track was so incredibly bumpy. I was sore the next day.
I didn't warn Poppy when he agreed to go with Ross. :)
Next we rode the go-carts. The rails were buried tires so you could easily bounce over them, which Ross did on the last round and spun out. He and McKenna have a fierce competition when it comes to go-carts.
The last thing we did was ride the water boats. So funny! Danielle got soaked and I didn't get a drop on me. All the better.
Next up was the wildlife reserve park. There was a mobile pottery truck there so the kids got to make something. Ross made a bowl and McKenna made a vase.
Finished products before they were cooked, painted, and glossed. They turned out so good!
It was quite hot that day so we took a nice long trail ride. We saw so much of the park that I'd never seen before.
We ended the afternoon on the big slide.
As you can see McKenna wasn't happy about seeing us go, or maybe it was that she didn't want to take a picture. I choose to believe she didn't want us to go. Buddy didn't either.


No comments:

Post a Comment