Monday, April 21, 2014

A Field Trip to Pinnacle

Juniors and Seniors had their annual picnic and 'hike' to Pinnacle mountain. The day was perfect!
True to Josh form he wouldn't stand with the group.
Buds Pierce and Ross. Pierce is seriously always ready for a pose!
Anna Beth didn't want to smile and Josh wouldn't even sit on the bench. Holdyn was all for it though! I've decided she's as much of a poser as Pierce.
During the hike I saw Mrs. Lois jump about 30 ft up in the air and I couldn't figure out why. As we got closer it became obvious that she saw this snake. From a distance it looked like a stick but it was a huge snake - that was ALIVE! The kids all gathered around it to check it out. Minus Ross of course. He wasn't having anything to do with it, and I can't blame him.
After the 'hike' they kids got to go play on the playground for a while before lunch.
Good friends.
At one point I looked around at Holdyn had climbed to the tip top of this. The girl had no fear and the dress didn't stop her.
The boys decided to get in on the action too.
After lunch the kids found a water pump. It kept them busy for a long time.
After lunch the Seniors got to go to the visitor's center and look around some more. Here is Josh still not letting me take his picture.
Finally a full picture of all the Seniors - thanks to Mrs. Leann for flexing her teacher muscle.
We climbed up the path so the kids could look around. Dear Josh just wasn't having a bit of a group picture up there.
After Mrs. Leann stepped in this is what he gave us. :)
It was a great day! We couldn't have asked for better.

No comments:

Post a Comment