Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christmas 2012

Yes, I'm still catching up with the blog. :) Christmas was so much fun this year! Ross was really into the Christmas spirit! Christmas Eve started off with leaving cookies and milk for Santa before we left for the day and night to do family Christmases. (that word always looks so weird plural)
Ross decided he needed to taste each cookie on the plate.
He also had to wash it down with a little of Santa's milk.
Our first stop for Christmas was at my Mom and stepdad's.
Some photo ops with Santa's hat.
On to more fun stuff, presents!
There were a few things Ross asked for on his list. One being a car track. He was super excited to open this present. Mommy was super excited that Pop had put it together!
Avery got in on the present action too.
She couldn't resist the car track and brother was sweet enough to let her play.
Best family picture we were able to get. Note, to those that read the blog regularly, Ross had his hand on her head.
Uncle Brent, Aunt Lexie, and Alex. They have baby #2 on the way!
Happy Birthday Jesus!
Her little outfit was so cute - thanks Mam! I wish I had a better picture.
Next stop was Poppy and Granny's. On our way we passed by Granddad's house. He always does a great job on his Christmas lights. This year he spent hours restringing everything with LED lights and they look great!
We spent the night at Poppy and Granny's on Christmas Eve so the boys got a little play time in before bed. Ross would shoot people and say he was giving them a flu shot. Not sure where that came from but it was quite funny to all of us.
Avery woke up before everyone else and Uncle Kev heard us up so we played with him for a while. All the kids love him much!
Ross left cookies and milk here too. He wanted to cover all his bases and I know Santa appreciated it!
Santa left combines for the boys!
Alex coloring with some of his stocking presents.
Christmas morning bed head.
Daddy wasn't as bad.
Please note: our Granddad was fully dressed, hair combed, smell good on, ... That's the way he always is on Christmas morning and how I will always remember him.
Avery hung out with Alex b/c he got a lot of cool Mickey Mouse stuff.
The disaster area that is the den after we finished opening presents.
Very cool fireman helmet he and Alex got from Uncle Bryan and Aunt Lou Ann. He's found it comes in handy playing hide and seek.
Final stop for Christmas was back to our house.
Santa made it and left footprints!
The kids loved their things from Santa!
Now Ross has 2 guitars and I can jam out with him.
"Rolly coaster" is so much fun! It also doubles as a race car track.
I saw this cute idea on Facebook and decided to start doing it. Each year 'you' right down the Christmas list and put it in a glass ornament for a great keepsake. I was so excited to find that and I just know we'll cherish these in the years to come. 
Christmas was really great this year and though Ross absolutely loved Santa and the fun stuff that went along with it, not a day went by that he didn't remind us that the reason we had Christmas was to celebrate Jesus' birthday. He's such an awesome kid and I pray he never loses his love for Jesus. He truly makes me strive to be a better person and Christian - which in turn will make me a better Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment