Monday, August 22, 2011

"Rest" days

Every other day we did a rest day in between the theme park visits. I'm not sure if the parents or kids needed it more. :) On Tuesday, a rest day, we went to La Jolla to see the seals and then to the park. Aunt Amanda wanted to get video of Ross' first time to see the beach and ocean!That rock is covered in seals. Having a great time!On our way back to the car Ross had to get a little swing action in - one of his favorite activities. From there we went to the park. There was a slide that had rollers and the heavier you were the FASTer it went. I was cracking up!
Ross loves the rock wall at the Little Gym so he was an old pro at this. He showed Graham how to do it.Graham and Aunt Amanda rode in the tire swing. Uncle Kevin decided to have a little fun too.These 3 became best of buds quick!On Thursday, another rest day, we went to the beach. THE WATER WAS FREEZING! Notice all the people in wetsuits. We weren't the only nutty people out there though!Ross sporting his hat from the zoo. This is his lifeguard pose. We had a good time playing in the sand. Ross absolutely loved the beach! I wondered how he'd like it but he was in Heaven!Mommy never got out of her swimsuit cover-up. I'm telling you I've never been in water so cold. I did play in the sand though.On the evenings of our rest days we went over to the Devlin's and had dinner and some great play time! They have an amazing backyard and Ross loved to climb the stairs to the top.Uncle Steven played a little ball with them.No vacation is complete without a few self portraits.Ross took a few of himself. Cheese!View from the top of the deck. We ate outside for dinner and it was awesome. You just can't beat the weather. Food and company was great too! :<)Hot little boy posing with Aunt Amanda!Like I said we went back on our next rest day for more food and fun. The boys liked to jump off the ledge.This was our last night in San Diego. They really had a good time together.So good to pose for parents! Aunt Amanda played bubbles with them.If one was doing something you'd usually find the other one very close by doing the same thing. Most of the time it worked out well. On the occasion it didn't we got a lovely lesson in sharing.Daddy, Kevin, and Steven also got to go to a Padres game on one of our rest days too!

No comments:

Post a Comment