Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ross turns 2!

On Saturday Ross and I set out to make cupcakes for his birthday. I decided to make ice cream cone cupcakes. Ross was a big help. He kept the sprinkles organized. It was a tough task and he had to have some nourishment in the form of Mam's Three Layer Delight, which we brought home from the night before. (The hairstyle was thanks to me and my Dyson handheld.)
The finished product (after 3 attempts) sans sprinkles.
Ross was sick on his actual birthday so we decided to order pizza in and some family came over. This is Uncle Kevin and Granddad (Ross' great grandfather). Once again my photo taking skills didn't do so well and the pictures of everyone else were fuzzy. I must get better at this...After pizza we had our cupcakes. Everyone could decorate their own, if they wanted. Ross wanted. :) He chose star sprinkles.
His OCD would kick in and he to make sure they were all on the cupcake and not on the plate.
He was showing us the star! He even had a star candle to blow out.
Yum! Yum!
He kept offering me and Da-Da a bite. I said ok to one bite but then it was just a wee bit too soggy. His Da-Da was a better sport and took as many bites as Ross offered. Thanks but no thanks!
Oh he was trying to get a big bite. To do so one must wrinkle one's nose.
Birthday boy says "cheese" while eating! Oh yes my boy is quite talented. Almost gone and as you can see not the blue Smurf from our previous party. I think he still had fun. We did have to replenish the stars a few times.
Everyone warned us as to how fast time would fly by but I had no idea. This has been a most excellent two years! I can't wait to see his changes in the next year. He's quite a character and a blessing to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment