Friday, October 28, 2016

Big A 1944-2016

Well here I am slowly doing things again. I've said it before, but I use the blog as our family book. We can look back on our years. Sometimes looking back is sad, and this post is just that. I'm so sad to write it, but this is life.

The day we got back from our cruise, the first thing I did was to call Mom and check on Big A. He was set to have an appt with his oncologist that week, and I really wanted to see how that went. I'm still shocked at that phone call - she told me Big A died the day before.

We'd spent a few days at their house before our cruise b/c of our power being out, and I'm so thankful for that. I was frustrated at the time b/c of having to pack in the heat and no power, but my gracious I'm so very thankful for the time we were given.

We sure loved our Big A/ Pop, fiercely.
This was the last picture I got of him. It is fuzzy, but I don't ever want to lose it. Avery would sit in his lap forever, and just tell him all sorts of great things. 
I've said it before and I'll say it again... He was ornery and was far from perfect, but he was ours and would literally give his shirt off his back to us or a stranger. He did well. He did well, good and faithful servant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment