Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Potty Dance

So things got real a bit ago with potty training. I tried all the ways that worked with Ross and no luck. I finally bit the bullet and bought a potty chair. When I took it out of the box and showed it to Avery this is what she did. I was scared. She didn't quite grasp the concept immediately. 
However, about an hour later the girl decided to give it a go! She peed 3 times in an hour! Who has 2 thumbs and pees in the potty? That girl! 
I'd promised her if she did she would get to go to the toy store. She's been to the toy isle at Target of course, but never to the legit toy store. She stayed for an hour and with each turn got more excited. 
In the end she picked a horse (no shock there) and a mermaid. Both water friendly so she could take to the pool or bathtub. 
Like I said we were in the toy store a solid hour, and it was late so I enticed her out by suggesting we go to the pet store next door. Mistake. A fun mistake, but mistake nonetheless b/c we were in there just as long. They always have kitties in the adoption area and that night there were some mega personality kitties. 
Fast forward a few weeks and she finally decided to get on board with this whole potty training thing at school and had a much successful day! That meant a final trip to the toy store, and of course she now associated the pet store with the trips so we went there too. 
Crazy brother was with us.
The cats were different, and though not as friendly still a fun trip. 
Due to the hugely successful day we ended it with Dad meeting us and going to the Mexican restaurant. A fav of the kids. Her new goods from the toy store had to dine with us. Another horse and fairy to go with.
We've finally turned the corner and all is going great with the potty. Mommy is happy. Daddy is happy. We are all happy. No more diapers! WOOT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment